Family & Educator Partnership (FEP)
FEP is a statewide program started in 1984. The Grant Wood AEA Family & Educator Partnership (FEP) works to develop and sustain effective partnerships between families, educators, and community providers to promote success for all children and youth with disabilities.
Grant Wood AEA's FEP Leadership Vision:
- Help families be able to partner successfully for their child’s needs
- Build family engagement skills among LEA staff
Family & Educator Partners Provide a Important Service:
- Facilitate understanding of special education, including family/student rights and responsibilities.
- Assistance preparing for IFSP/IEP meeting.
- Information and support regarding transition from IFSP to IEP and post secondary transition.
- Support communication between home and school to enhance family and educator partnerships.
- Link family and educators to services within the AEA and the community.
- Provide information and understanding regarding educational processes.
Information and Resources
- A FEP library can be accessed through the media center. The media center can be reached at 319-399-6754 to access materials found in the Media Center Catalogue.
- Iowa Department of Education - FEP and Special Education Resources for Families & Educators
- What is an IEP?
- IEP Team Members Roles and Responsibilities
- How to Organize an IEP Binder
- Special Education: Child Find Process
- Iowa IDEA Information (i3)
Blog & Professional Development
May 27, 2021
May 20, 2021