Standards, Learning Targets & Content
In a traditional classroom setting:
- The curriculum guide/resource (tool) directs the instruction for all
- The same materials are used for all students.
- All learners working on same learning targets
In a personalized classroom environment:
- Standards and targets are based on a learner’s proficiency level
- The teacher and student collaboratively select authentic, appropriately challenging, and supportive materials (including technology based resources) aligned to standards or learning outcomes.
- Learning targets are individualized by learners