Nov 15, 2017
Several resources were donated to the Grant Wood AEA Media Center and include:
- “Iowa’s Rural Settlement Shaped by Railroads and a System of Rural Schools” - This book is developed as a three-week supplemental student text for middle and high school students with a complete instructional guide for teachers that is tied to the Iowa Core Standards. There is an instructional unit guide for teachers for the text of Iowa’s Rural Settlement included on CD.
- “A New Look at Iowa One-Room Schools” is a book with printed questions that connect to the Iowa Social Studies Standards. Questions focus, guide and help students reflect on each of the 19 first person historical narratives for journaling or group discussion. The resources also include additional
material on Iowa history for teachers using this unit.
- “Iowa History of the One Room School 1870-1950” includes artifacts of Iowa one room schools along with history of Iowa’s rural settlement and the role of the one room schools. Each of the 12 collections from the Iowa Rural Schools Museum begins with a short, engaging first person story.
- "Instructional Guide for the Video Chapter Documentary; Iowa’s Unsung Prairie Transformation to Farms and One Room Schools 1870-1900" contains:
- 22 minute teacher’s version of the video documentary
- Digital library of museum related artifacts,
- Complete teacher’s instructional guide to use with the documentary.
Category: The Linker Media Center