Dec 05, 2017
Instructor: Jared Smith
Feb. 13, 2018
9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Grant Wood AEA
4401 Sixth St. S.W.
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Target Audience: Communications and public relations staff, support staff, board secretaries and others responsible for creating content for websites.
This one-day session will teach basic web accessibility principles and how to address common issues in accessibility. The training will also include access to resources and information an organization needs to meet all of its future accessibility obligations.
• Understand requirements for website accessibility and how your content can meet the minimum requirements
established by law.
• Discover ways to make website content more accessible.
• Learn about resources to build a website accessibility
• Have an opportunity to attend additional in-depth webinars on related topics of the group’s choosing for no
WebAIM (Web Accessibility In Mind) has provided comprehensive web accessibility solutions since 1999. These years of experience have made WebAIM one of the leading providers of web accessibility expertise internationally. WebAIM is a non-profit organization based at the Center for Persons with Disabilities at Utah State University.
Jared Smith is the Associate Director of WebAIM. He is a highly demanded presenter and trainer and
has provided web accessibility training to thousands of developers throughout the world. With a degree
in Marketing/Business Education, a Master’s Degree in Instructional Technology, and almost 20 years experience working in the web design, development, and accessibility field, he brings a wealth of knowledge and experience that is used to help others create and maintain highly accessible web content.
Register Online: https://web1.gwaea.org/apps/ProfDev/user/signon.cf...
Download Form: http://web1.gwaea.org/profdev/pdf/registform.pdf
Course Number: 19558-17-01
Registration Deadline: 6:00 a.m. on Feb. 1, 2018
• Educators in Grant Wood AEA area, total for non-credit, $175
• Outside of Grant Wood AEA, total for non-credit, $200
• Registration is not complete until all fees are paid in full.