May 11, 2018
GRANT WOOD AEA PRINCIPAL LEADERSHIP PROGRAM 2018-2019
Professional Learning Dates
Oct. 2, 2018
Oct. 25, 2018
Dec. 6, 2018
March 7, 2019
Coaching opportunities with a one-on-one principal coach will be provided throughout the school year.
The Grant Wood AEA Principal Leadership Program is a comprehensive, year-long professional development program for preK-6 principals. It will build a principal’s capacity to successfully implement MTSS at the school level. This program will include job-embedded coaching in addition to workshop learning sessions.
• Develop a deeper understanding of the high-leverage actions that instructional leaders use to improve instruction and increase capacity for instructional leadership across all levels of the system (leader of leaders).
• Use the components of the Self-Assessment of MTSS Implementation for Schools (SAMI) as a tool to identify and prioritize systemic needs.
• Use both quantitative and qualitative data to identify problems of student learning, problems of both instruction and leadership practice and determining data driven decisions.
• Develop expertise in using inquiry to solve complex problems of practice.
• Give effective feedback to teachers as an integral part of professional learning and support for teachers.
Registration Fee: $650
License Renewal Credit Available: 2 credits $70
GWAEA Professional Development, 319-399-6767 or 800-798-9771, ext. 6767 or email@example.com.