Aug 16, 2018
Grant Wood AEA Van Allen Science Teaching Center 2018 Repack
7,000 totes! This is the number of science curriculum units that Grant Wood AEA's Van Allen Science Teaching Center (VAST) staff have repacked this summer for school districts.
The GWAEA VAST Center provides educators and students:
- Opportunities to learn in a hands-on, minds-on oriented classroom using research-based, comprehensive curriculum for ALL students.
- The structure to experience science with the integration of reading, writing and mathematics.
These are just a few of the VAST Center's summer science unit statistics:
- 7,000 totes were received back from all of the buildings/districts served for the summer repacking
- 1,300 pieces were stored during the summer months by VAST Center partner AEAs
- Six temporary staff joined the permanent VAST Center staff during the summer repack
- 1,453 K-8 science teachers were served during the 2017-2018 school year as a part of the GWAEA service area.
And now, the GWAEA VAST Center science units are returning to schools to continue student learning!