Feb 21, 2019
Meeting Core Instruction: Integrating Science and Literacy
March 13, 2019
8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Instructors: Grant Wood AEA science and literacy consultants
will design and implement lessons designed to prompt students to
utilize their literacy skills and engage as scientists, obtain and
evaluate information/data, and communicate their growing understanding
The course will explore the intersection of the Iowa Core Science and English Language Arts practices.
Participants will learn how to:
- Utilize reading, writing, listening and viewing to help students think and learn like scientists
- Plan for and show evidence of implementing the Questioning Formulation Technique around phenomena connected to their standards/curriculum
- Encourage learners to write like scientists using science and engineering practices in their science notebooks, and
- Implement literacy strategies during science time, and science during literacy time.
Target Audience: Elementary Teachers, Instructional Coaches
Requires nine additional hours of instruction online using Zoom from 4:30 - 7:30 p.m. on three evenings:
Thursday, April 4, 2019
Thursday, April 25, 2019
Thursday, May 16, 2019
Course Number: 168627
Registration Deadline: March 6, 2019
• Credit Option: Total for Licensure Renewal $35.00
• Registration is not complete until all fees are paid in full.
GWAEA Professional Learning
319-399-6767 or 800-798-9771, ext. 6767 or firstname.lastname@example.org