Sep 17, 2019
LCI: Visible Learning Series
April 15 and April 22, 2020
8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Grant Wood AEA
4401 Sixth St. SW
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Nancy Frey and Dave Nagel
PLC+ provides a comprehensive method of engaging educators in a cycle of learning through inquiry. This practical and evidence-based framework, developed by Douglas Fisher and Nancy Frey, supports:
- Planning and implementation in support of student learning
- Professional development intentionally designed for teacher agency over their learning
- Cycles of assessment, reflection, and decisions that lead to greater impact
- Monitoring collaborative impact on teacher and student learning
Building upon prevailing PLC methodology, the PLC+ Framework is aimed at refreshing current collaborative structures, and helps support teachers’ decision-making in the context of self and collective efficacy, expectations, equity, and the activation of their own learning.
The foundation day will focus on understanding the 4 cross-cutting values of PLC+: Activation, Expectations, Equity, and Self and Collective Efficacy so you can answer the 5 Essential Questions. Evidence for Action Day focuses on hands-on activities that are designed to increase their understanding of the most effective elements of successful PLCs. Evidence is collected throughout the day to help build their PLC+ framework.
K-12 Administrators, AEA Education Consultants, Instructional Coaches, Teachers
Course Number: 180996 Section Number: 272377
Registration Deadline: Nov. 1, 2019
- Participation fee $225
- Registration is not complete until all fees are paid in full.
GWAEA Professional Learning
319-399-6767 or 800-798-9771, ext. 6767