Jan 16, 2017
Critical Thinking Research Lesson Idea Grades: K-2 or 3-5
Students develop questions that a reporter might ask during an interview with the new president.
- Define the words reporter and interview.
- Use critical thinking skills to develop questions that a reporter might ask when interviewing the new president.
inauguration, president, interview, questions, reporter
- Ask students what a reporter does and the different types of reporters (e.g newspaper reporters, television reporters, magazine reporters, or online reporters.
- Discuss the meaning of the word interview.
- Have the students work individually to identify the questions they would ask the new president.
- Solicit students’ responses and write them on the board or on chart paper.
Pair this lesson with an activity like the “I Do Solemnly Swear” poster. This poster was created with materials from the Work Center. If you are interested in finding out more about this poster, contact Jayne Kamberling for more information.