There are several resources available for parents and educators of non-school aged children. Please see the Childcare Alliance Response Team, Early ACCESS and Early Childhood services, and the Family & Educator Partnership (FEP).

What services are available for young, non-school aged children? : 1

Grant Wood AEA has staff with an expertise in enabling children and youth with disabilities participate more fully in all aspects of life. Many tools are reviewed on our Assistive Technology page, or parents can contact their school district staff to find out how GWAEA can be of further assistance.

Does Grant Wood AEA make assistive technology recommendations for children? : 1

test : 0

There are great resources available to help parents navigate these terms, laws and processes. Grant Wood Area Education Agency's Special Education team is committed to partnering with local school districts to raise the achievement and improve life outcomes of students with disabilities. The GWAEA Special Education team carries out child find and evaluation activities, and provides support and related services to eligible individuals as determined by Individual Education Plan (IEP) teams. Our Grant Wood AEA special education services are summarized here. Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 is Congress’s directive to schools receiving any federal funding to eliminate discrimination based on disability from all aspects of school operation. Our Grant Wood AEA educator resources on Section 504 might be very helpful to parents as well. The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990, a major civil rights law prohibiting discrimination on the basis of disability, establishes design requirements for the construction or alteration of facilities. The Iowa Department of Education has resources related to accessibility for ADA and Section 504 online.

Can you help me understand the difference between special education, section 504 and the ADA? : 1

Sheryl Dolley
(319) 399-6761

SubCentral : 1