Family & Educator Partnership (FEP)
The FEP is a statewide program started in 1984. The Grant Wood AEA Family & Educator Partnership (FEP) works to develop and sustain effective partnerships between families, educators, and community providers to promote success for all children and youth with disabilities.
FEP Resources and Services for Families and Educators
- FEP library through the media center. The media center can be reached at 319-399-6754 to access materials found in the Media Center Catalogue.
- Facilitate understanding of special education, including family/student rights and responsibilities.
- Support families and educators through personal, phone, email contact, including attending Individual Family Service Plan IFSP/IEP meetings.
- Assistance preparing for IFSP/IEP meeting.
- Information and support regarding transition from IFSP to IEP and post secondary transition.
- Support communication between home and school to enhance family and educator partnerships.
- Link family and educators to services within the AEA and the community.
- Provide information and understanding regarding educational processes.
Information and Resources
- Family & Educator Partnership brochure
- Iowa Department of Education - FEP and Special Education Resources for Families & Educators
- What is an IEP?
- IEP Team Members Roles and Responsibilities
- How to Organize an IEP Binder
- Parent Involvement in Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP) and Individualized Education Plan (IEP)
- Special Education: Child Find Process
- Transition Support Services
- Iowa IDEA Information (i3)