Mar 30, 2020
Tips for Staying Happy and Healthy
What is your family doing to stay happy and healthy during this time of school closures? Natalie Hahn-Mauck, a GWAEA school psychologist, shares the importance of creating a new routine for her family to ensure consistency.
Learn more about the importance of creating a new routine and other supports for your family in the article that Natalie referenced, "10 Solutions to Save Your Sanity During the Coronavirus Pandemic School Closures." The article is written by Dr. Laura Markham, Aha! Parenting.com.
Dr. Markham shares the following solutions to support your family:
1. Implement routines, but include free play and downtime.
2. Get everyone in your family moving and laughing.
3. Get Outside.
4. Make Me Time part of the schedule for everyone.
5. Brainstorm together to come up with a Family Fun List.
6. Use screen time judiciously.
7. Expect Sibling friction...
8. Expect friction with your partner, if you have one.
9. Start a family mindfulness practice.
10. Give each other some grace.