Mar 09, 2021
Principal Leadership Program
The Grant Wood Area Education Agency Principal Leadership Program will support PreK-12 school administrators through a comprehensive, year-long professional learning program focused on building an administrator’s capacity as an instructional leader to develop and successfully implement MTSS, a framework which creates an optimal environment of access and equity for the success of all students. This course will take into consideration applications for both traditional and virtual learning settings. Additionally, the program will provide one-to-one, job embedded coaching on-site and virtually with an experienced administrator.
This course addresses the new Iowa Standards for School Administrators
- Facilitating the development, articulation, implementation, and stewardship of a vision of learning that is shared and supported by the school community
- Advocating, nurturing and sustaining a school culture, and instructional program conducive to student learning and staff professional development
- Ensuring management of the organization, operations, and resources for safe, efficient and effective learning environments
- Collaborating with families and community members, responding to diverse community interests, and needs and mobilizing community resources
- Acting with integrity, fairness, and in an ethical manner
- Understanding, responding to and influencing the larger political, social, economic, legal, and cultural context
Tim Salmon, Erikka Vosmek and Jamie Larson
Evaluator approval credit is available for participants.
Participant Fee: $425
Course Number and Registration: 201154
Date: September 14, 2021