Iowa's AEA van delivery guidelines have updated!
Iowa's AEAs have made changes to the van delivery process. Here are a few notable key changes.
- All van delivery requests must be submitted using this Google form.
- For profit organizations are no longer eligible for van delivery through the AEA. Non-profit organizations are only eligible if the materials being distributed have a pre-K-12 educational focus OR advocate for children and families.
- Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions related to these changes.
Van Delivery and Materials Distribution
Grant Wood Area Education Agency (Grant Wood AEA) provides delivery to each public and accredited nonpublic building in the Agency’s seven county service area. Deliveries can include, among other things, Grant Wood AEA communications, Media Center resources, Creative Services printing and inter-district correspondence.
Deliveries during the school year are made twice weekly to each building in a district on either Monday and Thursday or Tuesday and Friday. Delivery to the Cedar Rapids Community School District warehouse is daily, they in-turn deliver to their buildings.
Important: Please note that sensitive documents such as student records should be sent using the U.S. mail to ensure privacy and timely delivery.
Each building has one location where van delivery is picked up and dropped off. All items should be addressed properly to ensure delivery to the correct person, building and district. Mail that is not addressed correctly will be sent to the district administration office. We do not hold any mail. For your convenience, here is a label template to use:
|Van Route #
- Yearly Delivery Calendar 2023-24
- Weekly Delivery Schedule 2023-24 (Updated Nov. 27, 2023)
- Van Route Map 2022-23
- Van Route Map 2023-24
- Van Delivery Help Page (Updated Aug. 3, 2022)
Based on approved calendars for those we provide van service to, vans will not deliver or pickup on the days that are listed as closed. Your district will be considered closed on in-service days. If changes to the calendars are made throughout the year, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer deliveries are made once a month to only one designated building per district and to accredited non-public buildings by request.
Summer Delivery Schedule 2023
Use of Van Delivery Service by External Organizations
Grant Wood AEA has guidelines for the dissemination of materials from other non-profit or tax-supported organizations, whether it be via our van delivery service or via electronic means. All van delivery requests must be submitted using this Google form.
Delivery Fast Facts
• Four drivers travel approximately 2,200 miles per month during the school year.
• Drivers support 206 buildings in 32 districts and 25 nonpublic buildings.
• Drivers make 380 scheduled stops a week.
• Creative Services sends out on average a half ton of printing each month to schools.
For more contact us at email@example.com.