What is FEP?
The Grant Wood AEA Family & Educator Partnership (FEP) works to develop and sustain effective partnerships between families, educators, and community providers to promote success for all children and youth with disabilities.
FEP links families and educators for better understanding and communication. As part of a statewide network, the program provides a lending library of printed information, books and videos; workshops and consultation on communication and family issues; a speakers' bureau; and ongoing networking with support groups and parent-teacher organizations.
Access FEP Materials for Teachers and Parents in the GWAEA Media Collection
To access the FEP Library on-line:
- Click on Media Center Catalog and enter FEP (PEP Library) in the search or choose PEP Library from the pull-down menu. The FEP Library resources available for checkout will appear.
- Make your selection and the client name and password. Educators use school or GWAEA user name and password.
- Parents: For first-time parent users, call the GWAEA Media Center at 319-399-6754 or FEP at 319-399-6849 to sign up for a FEP Library Card. Once you have the card, select your resource and enter your client name and the parent password, which is Partnership.
- The materials will be sent to your child’s school or other arrangements can be made to pick them up if you call FEP at 319-399-6849.
Information and Resources
- Family & Educator Partnership brochure
- What FEP Has to Offer: Things that Contribute to FEP's Partnership Efforts
- Iowa Department of Education - Family & Educator Partnership
- A Parent's Guide: Instructional Decision Making and the Student
Individual Education Plan (IEP) Is About Using A Team to Make a Specific Plan to Help Your Child Succeed in School
- What is an IEP?
- Parent Involvement in Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP) and Individualized Education Plan (IEP)
- ASK Family Resource Center
Parent Rights and Responsibilities
- Procedural Safeguards Manual for Parents Rights for Children Ages Birth-3
- Procedural Safeguards Manual for Parents Rights for Children Ages 3-21
- FEP Transition Guide
- Transition Support Services