Iowa’s AEAs provide students and educators with no-cost access to high-quality, vetted digital resources. They are proud to announce their lineup of digital instructional resources for the 2022-23 school year, including six new offerings! Students, educators and parents have 24/7/365 access to these ebooks, streaming videos, encyclopedia, reference materials and more!
New Digital Resources Coming in 2022-23
- Britannica ImageQuest (K-12th grade) Over 3 million images for educational, non-commercial use for assignments, projects and lesson plans.
- Core Concepts Science (7th-12th grade) Videos, digital interactive activities and experiments exploring chemistry, biology and the periodic table.
- Gale in Context: High School (9th-12th grade) Reference content such as biographies, primary resources, multimedia, critical essays, news and academic articles.
- PebbleGo (K-5th grade) Informational articles that support literacy, critical thinking and digital citizenship with ready-made activities. Includes PebbleGo Spanish and Read More Animals and Science ebooks.
- PebbleGo Next (3rd-5th grade) Informational articles about American Indian history, biographies, science, social studies and U.S. states.
- Power Knowledge Science (3rd-6th grade) Science fair projects and experiments, interactive games, scientist profiles, live video feeds and nature cams covering life, physical, Earth, and space sciences.
Also Coming in 2022-23: Accessing the Digital Resources Will Be Easier!Accessing the AEA digital resources will be easier than ever! If your district has signed up to use AEA OneClick powered by ClassLink, you’ll be able to use your district email login to access the resources and other AEA links. That’s all — no more special usernames and passwords to remember!
Returning Digital Resources
- AEA Digital Library (K-12th grade) Collection of streaming video, images and digital documents for children’s literature, science, health and guidance.
- American History in Video (K-12th grade) Collection of hundreds of documentaries featuring dramatic reenactments and engaging analysis from prominent scholars and experts.
- BookFLIX (PK-3rd grade) 120 animated stories paired with non-fiction ebooks on a similar subject for young learners to practice literacy skills.
- Britannica (K-12th grade) Encyclopedia articles, multimedia, primary sources and more that support student research and reinforce curriculum standards.
- CultureGrams (K-12th grade) Reference for concise, reliable, up-to-date cultural information on countries across the globe.
- FreedomFLIX (4th-12th grade) Collection of videos that provide an interactive, behind-the-scenes look at the people, places and events that have shaped our world.
- Gale (K-12th grade) Educational, peer-reviewed research articles, journals and newspapers for research.
- Learn360 (K-12th grade) Educational multimedia such as video, audio, maps, activities and STEM resources and printables for educators.
- MackinVIA (K-12th grade) Robust collection of ebooks and audiobooks designed for classes and individual reading for pleasure.
- ScienceFLIX (4th-12th grade) Hands-on projects, videos, multiple text types, interactive features and more that provide students with a better understanding of science concepts and ideas.
- SIRS Issues Researcher (9th-12th grade) Provides analysis and opinions of 360+ social, scientific, health, historic, economic and political issues.
- Soundzabound (K-12th grade) 25 volumes of royalty-free music with audio themes and sound effects for presentations, digital storytelling, TV broadcasts, web design and more.
- Teachingbooks.net (K-12th grade) Collection of interviews with authors and illustrators so students and educators are able to learn directly from them to personalize their connections to the text.
- Teen Health & Wellness (7th-12th grade) Articles on relationship skills, decision-making, growth mindset, PTSD, stress/academic anxiety, social engagement, diversity and family life that support social-emotional learning and physical well-being.
- TrueFLIX (3rd-6th grade) Pairs fictional videos with related non-fiction ebooks about history and science-related topics to support students with literacy skills.