Computer Science Education Week (csedweek.org) is celebrated the first week of December to help promote computer science amongst students, parents, communities and organizations.
This year, both #CSEdWeek and the Hour of Code activities will align with the theme #CSEverywhere. This theme highlights the impact that computer science is making everywhere and the relationship that computer science has to different subjects, industries, career paths, and our everyday lives. Iowa STEM and Grant Wood AEA are celebrating December 6th through the 12th and invite you to share your experiences using #CS4IA on social media.
Resources to Connect with Community & Business Partners
We'd like to invite all PreK-12 educators served by Grant Wood AEA to collaborate with a community or business partner to host an hour of code to celebrate Computer Science Education Week. We've partnered with the IT Sector Board, ICR Iowa, and NewBoCo Education to provide you with a list of potential partners you can invite to help you lead an hour of code for your students.
Plan Your Activity in 3 Quick Steps
Looking to plan an Hour of Code event to celebrate CS Ed Week in 2021? Here are 3 quick steps to make planning your event easy:
- Register your 2021 Hour of Code at https://hourofcode.com/us#join.
- Plan your event using these activities designed to celebrate the #CSEverywhere theme.
- Explore our list of community & business partners willing to help you host an hour of code. Use the contact information provided to invite and setup the classroom visit details with the partner of your choice. Here is the list of partners that includes their availability and presentation preference (in person and/or virtual):
- Click here to view partners willing to host an Hour of Code in 🖍 elementary classrooms.
- Click here to view partners willing to host an Hour of Code in ✏️ middle school classrooms.
- Click here to view partners willing to host an Hour of Code in 🖊 high school classrooms.