GWAEA is offering year 2 State Social Studies modules
These courses support the implementation of the Iowa Core Social Studies Standards. This is year two of a three year state rollout plan to help teachers, coaches and administrators develop robust coherent Social Studies units that align with the standards.We are pleased to bring back Kim Heckart and Dominic Iannone as our lead teacher/presenters.
- Year Two Iowa Core Social Studies Standards for School Administrators
Oct. 11, 2018 from 8:30 -11:30 a.m. at GWAEA 33rd Ave. Facility
(Presenters: Stefanie Wager, Iowa Department of Education social studies consultant and Carol Cassells, GWAEA curriculum consultants.) Course number: 167899
- Putting the Iowa Core Social Studies Standards Together, Year 2 for Grades K-5
Oct. 25 and 26, 2018, 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. at GWAEA Sixth St. SW OR
Feb. 26 and 27, 2019 (Session 2) from 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. at GWAEA, 33rd Ave Facility. Course number: 167900
- Putting the Iowa Core Social Studies Standards Together, Year 2 for grades 6-12
Nov. 8 and 9, 2018 (Session 1) from 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. at GWAEA 33rd Ave OR
Feb. 19 and 20 (Session 2) from 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. at GWAEA 33rd Ave. Course number: 167901
- Iowa Council for the Social Studies Conference
This annual state conference takes place Oct. 1 at the Prairie Meadows Events Center.
- United States Senate Youth Program. Each year, Iowa selects two students to participate in this program. The students' receive a $10,000 scholarship and an all-expenses paid trip to Washington D.C.
- National Council of Social Stuides CSS - This national conference is planned in Chicago on Nov. 30-Dec. 2, 2018.
Please contact Carol Cassells, GWAEA curriculum consultant, science and social studies, with questions.